Pages

Friday, February 3

The Adventures of a One To World Intern: Part 1


Off The Tourist Path: Top 5 Things To Do In New York City

Greetings Everyone! I’m Danielle, one of the new interns here at One To World.  I’m from Texas, so I know a little about adjusting to this big city and finding things that fit my budget as I’m also a full-time Graduate student.  In this special blog series, I’ll give you the Top 5 things that I have found to be really unique and wallet-friendly.  I will continue this count down every other day for the next 2 weeks so be sure to keep checking back!

I hope you’re able to check out my favorite places and offer us your own, too!  There’s nothing better than tips from fellow residents.  So here goes #5...

  Hook and Ladder 8—Ghostbusters Headquarters
 Who Ya Gonna Call? GHOSTBUSTERS!  New York City is a famous host to thousands of films.  One of them was the 1984 phenomenon, Ghostbusters.  The original firehouse headquarters, Hook & Ladder 8 is a hop, skip and jump away in TriBeCa.  How many people can say that they took a picture at one of the most memorable movie sites in cinema history?  Ghostbusters HQ is also really close to our office here at 285 West Broadway, so pop in for a quick hello, as well.  Just remember to say, “I ain’t afraid of no ghosts.”


Address: 14 N. Moore Street (Between Broadway & Hudson)
Transit:  Subway Line 1,2 get off Franklin and head North
Subway Line A,C,E get off Canal Street and head West

Have you been here already? 
Do you have other must-see places? 
Send your suggestions and stories to programs@one-to-world.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment