Pages

Friday, May 20

10 Things To Do...

I’ve been sighing a lot this past week. Mostly because my daily caffeine intake and crime shows (I live vicariously through Criminal Minds!) have not been cutting it for me. I just haven’t been getting my usual thrills and chills from them.

That, coupled with a foreboding sense of doom created by the mere thought of an impending job search has effectively turned me into a not-so-chipper blob of humanity. Which is why I decided that I need one of these to inspire me to be a normal person: “10 Things You Need to Do in NYC Before  _____”

The blank is open to artistic interpretation. For me, it’s “Before It Gets So Hot That All You Want To Do is Watch Movies for the Free Air Conditioning.” But you can fill it in for yourself – whatever floats your boat!

If you have things that you feel should be on the list, feel free to let me know in the comments!

  1. Do a Bar Crawl. You can sign up for one through sites like this or just pick a list of however many bars you that you want to go to. 
  2. Visit Coney Island. I just had to throw this one in here because I’m from Brooklyn. But the boardwalk is pretty amazing in the summer and the famous Mermaid Parade takes place there in June. For more stuff to do, check out this site.
  3. Have a Picnic in Central Park. Just because everyone does.
  4. Visit All the Ethnic Neighborhoods in NYC. Irish. Italian. Chinese. Jewish. Ghanaian. Albanian. Korean. Dominican. The list goes on and on!  
  5. Watch something at Madison Square Garden. Like Cirque du Soleil? Or maybe you’re more interested in a sports game. Whatever the case may be, you can check out the schedule here
  6. See a Broadway Show. If you have the time, you can probably try to score some cheap tickets here
  7. Go to the Farmers Market. Check out locations here
  8. Ride a Bike at Governor’s Island. Governor’s Island is pretty spectacular. It’s open only in the summer and there are free events there almost every weekend. Learn more here
  9. Spot a Celebrity. This make take a bit of homework but you have sites like this and this to help you with that. 
  10. See a Rooftop Film. Screenings of independent films on rooftops throughout NYC. This is a great way to do something relaxing and which requires minimal movement (so you can minimize the amount you sweat in the summer).Take a look at the film schedule here.


No comments:

Post a Comment